A 16-member GO Team from the Grace Brethren Church of Waterloo, Iowa, led by Waterloo pastor Kelvin Cooke,drove to Chicago this morning and then boarded a plane to Paris and then on to Cameroon, Africa.
Here are some ways to be praying praying for some specific ministries and opportunities as noted by team members:
• Teaching English – this will happen in the African churches and is used an outreach program.
• Encouraging Grace Brethren churches – for many of the church members we will be the only other Grace Brethren people they will have met outside of their country. We hope this encourages them by showing how large the “family” is.
• Orphanage visit – to open our eyes to the needs in Africa and to encourage the workers in the orphanage by bringing gifts of needed food.
• Missionary encouragement – we pray that our team will be an encouragement to the Momeyers, who have been in the country less than one year and to encourage Karen Foster who has served in Africa for many years.
• Divine appointments – Pray that we will listen to Holy Spirit for the divine appointments He has already arranged.
• Traveling in a large group – the logistics of large-group travel can be tiresome for the leaders and for each member. Pray for unity and flexibility among team members.
• Open ears, eyes and hearts – please pray along with us for all 16 of the team members, that each of us will listen closely as the Lord speaks to us. We have found that He speaks quite clearly when we are taken out of our comfort zones and are relying completely on Him. We pray that each of us will be drawn closer to Christ.