To my spiritual. son, my final words of what I value most & would hope you’ve learned from my example:
You’ll be serving Christ in diff. world than one I was trained in & released into
Your methods, dress, vocabulary, technologies, even problems – little in common w my world & one we live in right now, even.
Your success as a faithful servant will not be because you mimic me, but because you live out timeless values we share – fr Scrpt. & Holy Spirit. Here’s values & life lessons I’d like to pass on:
– Jesus wants the Lost among us Saved.
– God will bring people into our lives for us to share Christ’s love with, if we ask Him to & stay open and alert to His working.
– There’s little in life more rewarding than to see the light turn on in someone’s head, and the Scripture impact the way they think; and then in studying that Scripture, seeing it change in time the way they live!
– God has chosen some of us from before our birth to proclaim the Gospel to hurting humans, and gifted us individually to reach different people in unique ways. We can’t reach them all.
– Lord will build His individual local church: if believers there grow to trust Him, will adjust to His way of preparing the soil & growing the fruit; and if they are open to hard work & stretching their faith.
– Teach people God will show His power in all believers if they’ll let Him – in these ways:
–answered prayer [if we ask earnestly believing He will],
–more knowledge & confidence [if we spend the time with Him],
–self-discipline [if we let Holy Spirit help us give up things & resist temptations],
–victory over Satan [if we claim God’s power & step out in dangerous faith w other strong believers],
-and rewards on earth for faithfulness [if we refuse to give up & tirelessly stay in the Word].
– Christ wants us to be humble in how we treat people and how we present the truth. As we are watched by others, they reject our pride & selfishness (everyone can act that
way). Christ can be seen in us, if we constantly ask for help to not want our wills first.
– We were born & saved to serve our amazing and wonderful God, we won’t be satisfied with our life – present or past – unless we do it with sincerity as long as we can!