The following news briefs are from the appropriate year’s September-October issues of The Brethren Missionary Herald magazine.
Fifteen Years Ago – 1992
Mike and Myra Taylor and family moved to France to study French, preparing for medical missionary work in the Central African Republic. Mike had received the International Humanitarian Award for Physician’s Assistants.
A centennial celebration was held at the Lanham, Md. Grace Brethren Church, recognizing the six churches that were planted by the First Brethren Church at 12th and E Sts., S.E. in Washington, D.C., which began in October 1892. Russell Ogden was the host pastor.
Twenty Years Ago – 1987
In August, the Lake Odessa, Mich., Grace Brethren Church had celebrated its 100th anniversary in August. Bill Stevens was the pastor.
Charles Thornton became the pastor at the Grace Brethren Church in Millersburg, Ohio, having served previously at Dallas Center, Iowa.
Thirty Years Ago – 1977
Fellowship of Grace Brethren Church officers were Jim Custer, moderator; Jerry Young, chairman of the executive committee; Charles Ashman, conference coordinator; and Dean Fetterhoff, ministerium president.
New faculty members at Grace College, Winona Lake, Ind. included Ron Manahan and D. Brent Sandy.
Fifty Years Ago – 1957
The Fort Wayne (Ind.) Grace Brethren Church building was dedicated on October 6. Tom Julien was the pastor.
The charter membership of the Warsaw (Ind.) Community Grace Brethren Church was closed on October 6 with 38 members. Robert Cover was the pastor.
Sixty Years Ago – 1947
The Leesburg (Ind.) Brethren Church completed its organization with 36 charter members. Clyde Landrum was the pastor.