Blogger Reverend Pharaoh (aka pastor of Centerville, Ohio, Grace Brethren Church) has posted a fascinating list of Bible mothers on his blog. In addition to the five good ones and the five “merely bad” mothers, here are the REALLY bad ones!!
The Five worst mothers in the Bible (Regardless of how bad you think your mother was, she was not the worst mother in the whole world)
5) Zipporah – Ex. 4:24-26 – She was angry about God’s plan for her husband and children.
4) Jezebel – II Kings 9:4-10 – She corrupted her husband and caused the destruction of her entire family.
3) The murderous mother – I Kings 3:16-27 – She accidentally smothered her own child and then was willing to have her friends child killed.
2) The cannibalistic mother – II Kings 6:24-33 – During the siege of Jerusalem, she cooked and ate her own child.
1) Eve – Genesis 3:16 – One wrong choice affected every mother after her.