CE National has again honored Grace Church of Greater Akron, Ohio (Jeff Bogue, senior pastor) as Church of the Year. The recognition is based on their growth, vision, teamwork, strategic planning, cultural relevance, commitment to the Scriptures and leadership development.
“What an honor it was for the CE National board of directors to be in Akron, Ohio, for our meetings,” said Ed Lewis, executive director of CE National. The group went to Akron not only to do business but to say thanks to a great church team.
Some things that make them an incredible church:
- More than 8,000 people who call Grace Church their own.
- There have been more than 5,000 public decisions for Christ since their beginning 16 years ago.
- They have a strategy of Know it. Live it. Give it Away.
- Four campuses in Akron are pastored by godly Bible teachers. They have one satellite campus (video) plus a new campus plan starting in a neighboring city soon and a plan for starting churches in Atlanta, Georgia. Presently, the church hosts 13 weekend services.
- They have strong small group ministries and mentoring.
- They hope to plant 30 churches in 30 years.
- The church sponsors Moody Bible Institute Extension with 40 students who participate.
- Approximately 100 students from the church attend Momentum Youth Conference and hundreds more are involved in various short-term ministries.
- There are numerous ministries to the poor or overlooked in their communities and elsewhere.
Click here for the complete story.