CE National is a Christian ministry that serves as a catalyst to see all believers live On Mission. Our ministries include an annual youth conference, summer ministry teams, inner city ministries, urban and youth degree programs in cooperation with Grace College. As well as other ministry to help believers and churches to live On Mission. We are looking for a full time staff accountant to be a part of our team.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Trained in accounting and in preparation, auditing and analysis of accounts. Responsible for keeping all financial records including payroll information, accounts payable, accounts receivable, restricted funds, and information regarding investments held by the organization. Performs internal audits, to ensure that the financial records of the organization are accurate. Prepares annual reports and financial statements for planning, decision making and an external audit. Advises on tax laws and investment opportunities.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Assist in developing requested schedules and information for an annual external audit.
- Assist leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process.
- Support the CFO in engaging the board’s audit and finance committees around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery.
- Oversee all financial, project/program and grant accounting; ensuring that expenditures are consistently aligned with grants and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; collate financial reporting materials for grants.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with the program directors.
- Manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
- Leverage strength of current finance team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization relating to financial performance.
- Strong testimony and models living ON MISSION.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to CE National’s mission
- A proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own, in partnership with the CFO, the responsibility for accounting
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good team builder
- Minimum of a BA or BS
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments.
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
- Salary would be based on experience.
- Benefits include: health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term disability insurance, life insurance as well as paid holidays, vacation and sick time. There is also an educational allowance available.