Two Charis Fellowship military chaplains have recently deployed with their units, according to Mark Penfold, endorser, chaplaincy ministries, for the Fellowship. Below is his report.
U.S. Army Chaplain Chuck Pridgen is deploying with his unit based in Ft Stewart, Ga. The unit will support engineer operations as needed across the Middle East. Here’s how you can support him as he ministers:
- Pray for the unit’s safety and protection as they serve, conduct their missions and interact with local military units and local nationals.
- Pray also for Chuck as he ministers by leading worship services, counseling and visiting the soldiers of his unit.
- Pray for Ada Pridgen and all those who stay back. Ask the Lord to help Ada be an encouragement to other wives and families on Ft Stewart.
U.S. Army Chaplain Jonas Winbolt is deploying with members of his unit to support the thousands of firefighters in Northern California. Chaplain Winbolt and his unit are based at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash. The unit is also an engineer unit who will provide logistical support to the firefighters and may have opportunities to interact with families affected by the devastating fires in Northern California. Click here to learn more about this mission. Here are ways you can pray for Jonas:
- Pray for their safety and the safety of the firefighters.
- Pray for rain to help them.
- Pray for Jonas as he will be with his soldiers doing whatever is needed and that the Lord will provide Jonas with the right words to encourage and guide those he meets toward the Lord.
Click here to learn more about Charis Fellowship military chaplains and the Eagle Commission, which supports them.