Continue to pray for Don Rough, Charis Fellowship pastor who is recovering from COVID. Here’s the latest report from his son, Tim.
First, the personal care facility where Dad is went on lockdown today. So no personal visits for the time being. Please pray about this.
Dad’s progress has basically stalled. A little better some days; a little worse others. It has been this way for about two weeks. If anything, he has regressed slightly since being moved to a personal care home nine days ago. Dad’s lungs have not shown improvement lately, evidenced by his being at basically the same level of oxygen for the past two weeks. This adversely affects his strength, as doing simple tasks always requires higher levels of oxygen, and he always needs time to recover. In addition, he still has the bed sore. It seems to be improving, but it has been a very slow process. Digestive issues have improved, but still remain. There are other things happening, as well. Some of the stuff is quite odd, and it seems like spiritual forces are warring against our Dad. Please pray for his protection.
Please continue to send Dad cards!! Dad loves them! I am so happy when I can bring him cards.
These are our prayer requests for Dad today (8/18/21) Please pray that:
- Dad is protected from forces of evil that wish to harm him.
- the bed sore heals completely.
- the digestive issues get resolved. They are improving, but still remain an issue.
- those working with him are led by God to make the best decisions at the correct times to help speed up his progress, and that they remain diligent in their duties.
- his lungs heal.
- O2 levels in the blood improve, so that they can wean him off supplemental oxygen.
- overall strength is improved, so that he can tolerate more physical activity with less and less oxygen.
- Dad’s taste buds will return to normal, to help improve his eating and nutrition.
- Dad will continue to be encouraged by the Holy Spirit and by those in the body of Jesus Christ, despite the lockdown status of the facility.
- the Gospel of Jesus Christ will be shared and God will be honored as a result of this ordeal.
- Dad will again be able to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a Church setting.
- God’s will is done in our dear Dad’s life.