Tim Rough, son of Charis Fellowship pastor, Don Rough, has provided an update on his dad’s condition. Don was hospitalized for COVID in early July and continues to recover.
Sunday July 25, 2021, 9:20 pm.
Since the last report on 7/20, Dad’s supplemental oxygen has been reduced more, but he has pretty much been at the same levels for three days now. One significant change is that he was moved off the high-flow oxygen about three days ago, and his oxygen levels have remained acceptable (Praise God!). But his O2 levels have dropped each time they have attempted to move his oxygen intake to a lower level. So basically he is maintaining at this point. But if we look at this from a timeline as listed below, despite some steps backward, his physical condition has steadily improved for about the last ten days, although it is very slow progress. He is still in very serious condition, so please continue to pray.
Please continue to send him cards!!
These remain our prayers for Dad today (7/25) Please pray that:
- those working with him are led by God to make the best decisions at the correct times to help speed up his progress.
- the COVID pneumonia in his lungs breaks up, and that his lungs heal.
- O2 levels in the blood continue to improve, so that they can wean him off supplemental oxygen.
- overall strength is improved, so that he can tolerate more physical activity.
- Dad will continue to be encouraged by the Holy Spirit and by those in the body of Jesus Christ.
- the Gospel of Jesus Christ will be shared and God will be honored as a result of this ordeal.
- Dad will again be able to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a Church setting.
- God’s will is done in our dear Dad’s life.