Continue to pray for Don Rough, retired Charis Fellowship pastor, as he recovers from COVID. He celebrated his 87th birthday this week with a scheduled move to a personal care home. Here’s an update from his son, Tim.
As before, we have not been giving day by day updates, as there is little news from one day to the next. Dad continues to make very slow progress. Lord willing, he is scheduled to move to a personal care home this Monday (August 9th – his 87th birthday!). He needs regular monitoring and medical assistance at this point, so living at home is not an option. His digestive issues are much improved, but still an area of concern. He still needs supplemental oxygen, which must be increased when he walks around.
One additional prayer request: Dad has been dealing with a bed sore that is still lingering. Please pray about this.
Please continue to send Dad cards!! It is such a thrill to see him read the cards and notes that people have sent.
These are our prayer requests for Dad today (8/7) Please pray that:
- the bed sore heals completely
- the digestive issues get resolved. They are improving, but still remain an issue.
- those working with him are led by God to make the best decisions at the correct times to help speed up his progress.
- the pneumonia in his lungs continues to break up, and that his lungs heal.
- O2 levels in the blood continue to improve, so that they can wean him off supplemental oxygen.
- overall strength is improved, so that he can tolerate more physical activity with less and less oxygen.
- Dad’s taste buds will return to normal, to help improve his eating and nutrition.
- Dad will continue to be encouraged by the Holy Spirit and by those in the body of Jesus Christ.
- the Gospel of Jesus Christ will be shared and God will be honored as a result of this ordeal.
- Dad will again be able to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a Church setting.
- God’s will is done in our dear Dad’s life.