Here is the most recent report on long-time Charis Fellowship pastor, Don Rough, who has been hospitalized with COVID. His son, Tim, shared this on Facebook.
Update on our wonderful Dad, Pastor Don Rough. Tuesday July 20, 2021. 10:25 pm.
Tonight our report is that Dad continues to make slow progress. This is a praise report! The medical staff at Meyersdale Hospital continue to reduce the amount of supplemental oxygen he is receiving, so we are encouraged by that. Dad still has a very long way to go, however, and he is still in VERY serious condition. However, he has shown slow improvement in the past few days. So please continue to pray, and please continue to send cards to his home address. We will deliver them. They really encourage him!
Also, I wanted to note that the medical staff at Meyersdale Hospital have been so gracious, attentive and caring for our Dad. Praise God for all the wonderful people working there!
These remain our prayers for Dad today (7/20) Please pray that:
- those working with him are led by God to make the best decisions at the correct times to help speed up his progress.
- the COVID pneumonia in his lungs breaks up, and that his lungs heal.
- O2 levels in the blood continue to improve, so that they can wean him off supplemental oxygen.
- overall strength is improved, so that he can tolerate more physical activity.
- Dad will continue to be encouraged by the Holy Spirit and by those in the body of Jesus Christ.
- the Gospel of Jesus Christ will be shared and God will be honored as a result of this ordeal.
- Dad will again be able to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a Church setting.
- God’s will is done in our dear Dad’s life.