Long-time Charis Fellowship pastor, Don Rough, continues to be hospitalized with COVID. Here’s an update from his son, Tim.
Update on our precious Dad, Pastor Don Rough. Sunday, July 18, 2021, 11:45 pm:
Dad’s condition has improved slightly and has not deteriorated over the last couple days. Praise God! He is back on high-flow oxygen, and they continue to try to reduce the levels required to maintain good blood levels of oxygen. This is gradual progress.
Dad seems a little stronger physically, or at least not as tired. But this could also be because he definitely seems more encouraged. Numerous cards and letters were delivered to him, and he is so very thankful for all those in the body of Christ who are praying for him.
Please continue to send cards and letters to Dad at his home address! You cannot imagine how much these cards and letters meant to him.
It seems so much more encouraging to Dad to actually read and hold notes of encouragement, as we are not able to actually show him all the comments given on Facebook.
Side note: Dan and Kathy were able to deliver some Burger King and KFC to Dad over the past two days. Although his taste buds did not cooperate, Dad was happy to eat a couple of his favorite foods!
Today (7/18) Please pray that:
- those working with him are led by God to make the best decisions at the correct times to help speed up his progress.
- the COVID pneumonia in his lungs breaks up, and that his lungs heal.
- O2 levels continue to improve, so that they can wean him off supplemental oxygen.
- overall strength is improved, so that he can tolerate more physical activity.
- Dad will continue to be encouraged by the Holy Spirit and by those in the body of Jesus Christ.
- the Gospel of Jesus Christ will be shared and God will be honored as a result of this ordeal.
- Dad will again be able to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a Church setting.
- God’s will is done in our dear Dad’s life.