Do you find yourself wondering what to say to help people struggling to process life during the COVID-19 pandemic? The “Emotional First Aid for Covid-19 Times” virtual workshop will equip participants with simple, easy-to-use tools they can use immediately to help people feeling wounded and stressed.
Presented by Barb Wooler, director of crisis response at Encompass World Partners and Drew Waggoner, former pastor who is now a family counselor (Crossroads Counseling Group), this material is part of an 11-hour workshop (Emotional First Aid Workshop) that Drew, Barb, and others are making available to individuals and churches.
This interactive training will prepare you to help people address fear and anxiety through key questions, listening, biblical truth, and the power of a new perspective. Join us as we learn together to care for people who are hurting during this global crisis.
Emotional First Aid for COVID-19 Times
7PM – 9PM EDT, Tuesday April 28, 2020
This virtual workshop will take place via Zoom. You will receive a link to the Zoom meeting via e-mail after you register.
- Portions of the workshop will include breaking up into pairs as discussion partners.
- Please include the name of a discussion partner of the same gender during the registration process.
- If you don’t have someone to be paired with when you register, you will be paired with another participant.
- Finally, if your discussion partner is included in your registration, they will also need to register.
- Questions? Contact Barb Wooler.
Click here for additional information or to register.