Jack Brown, executive director of Grow New England, the Charis Fellowship church-planting ministry in the northeast U.S., recently sent an update. Here are some excerpts:
God is at work in New England. And we are excited to be a part of what He is doing. Currently there are 9 men meeting monthly preparing to be Life Group leaders. We are excited about the opportunity to start groups in homes throughout the communities we serve. We are also working on developing ministry leaders as we seek to make disciples in both our Danvers and Essex Campuses.
In Danvers we have held two “Life Explored” discussions. And we have visitors at both sessions. Our next session will be March 19. Ask God to bring visitors who are receptive to the Gospel.
Continued Prayer Request
We hope to add two men to our team in New England.
- One who will lead our Danvers’ congregation
- And a long-term church planting intern.
- Both men must be committed first and foremost to the preaching and teaching of God’s Word, the doctrinal position of Charis Fellowship (FGBC), and must be biblically qualified to serve as an elder.
It is exciting to be a part of what God is doing in this region. I want to thank you for your partnership. I also want to ask you to prayerfully consider how you can be involved in the ministry of church planting in New England.
- We need prayer partners. Will you commit to pray with us for the advancement of the gospel in New England?
- We need financial partners. The opportunities are outpacing the giving. Will you consider giving financially to the advancement of the gospel in New England?
- We need laborers. Would you consider coming to serve in New England?