Grace College inducted 36 juniors and seniors — its largest-ever group — to the Alpha Chi Honor Society for the 2020-21 academic school year. These high-achieving students have earned the top 10 percent of GPAs across all disciplines at Grace. They join nearly 11,000 students inducted annually into Alpha Chi from across the country.
“Alpha Chi membership is an honor signifying students’ hard work, dedication to learning, and strong character,” said Dr. Laurie Owen, vice president of academic affairs at Grace College. “These students have devoted themselves wholeheartedly to thoughtful scholarship and career preparation throughout their time at Grace. It is our joy to celebrate and honor them each year,” she said.
Grace’s Faith, Learning & Scholarship Committee paid for the lifetime membership dues for all inducted students this year to ensure that all eligible Grace students wishing to join Alpha Chi were able to do so.
“We’re so happy we could bless Grace students and families in this way. We believe that academic achievement is always worthy of celebration, but the hard work of this year’s members is all the more impressive given the circumstances of the past year,” said Dr. Lauren Rich, director of the Office of Faith, Learning & Scholarship.
Due to COVID, Grace was unable to hold an induction ceremony this year, but inductees were mailed a packet containing their membership certificate, membership pin, a personalized congratulatory letter from a faculty mentor, and a leatherette padfolio embossed with the Alpha Chi seal. Members will also receive honor cords to wear with their regalia at Commencement.
Newly inducted members of the Grace College Alpha Chi Honor Society are:
- Makenzie Adams: counseling and educational ministries major from Attica, Ind.
- Kara Armey: criminal justice major from Sturgis, Mich.
- Austin Bowell: biology and chemistry major from Warsaw, Ind.
- Mitchell Bowen: visual communication design major from Golden, Colo.
- Kathryn Bradley: history and communication major from Milford, Ohio.
- Mariah Burger: educational ministries major from Indianapolis, Ind.
- Nichole Cochran: illustration major from Noblesville, Ind.
- Lydia DeBoest: French and Bible major from Warsaw, Ind.
- Grace Erwin: political science major from Avilla, Ind.
- Abigail Gonzalez: criminal justice and Spanish major from Lyons, Ill.
- Kaitlynn Gorrell: counseling major from Berne, Ind.
- Kylee Gudeman: counseling and sociology major from Warsaw, Ind.
- Ariel Heise: communication major from Northwood, Ohio.
- Emma Hood: educational ministries major from Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Stasia Hudak: educational ministries and biblical studies major from Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Jadon Knapp: communication major from Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Kendall Lovejoy: agribusiness major from Archbold, Ohio.
- Katherine Miller: photography major from Alto, Mich.
- Amanda Minich: elementary education and mild intervention major from Salem, Ohio.
- Kira Nehls: counseling and sociology major from Sherwood, Ohio.
- Kyrsten Newlon: communication and journalism major from Richland, Mich.
- Lauren O’Grady: English major from Fishers, Ind.
- Hannah Oberheim: psychology major from Monticello, Ill.
- Landon Paris: finance major from Winona Lake, Ind.
- Mackenzie Pickell: communication major from Coldwater, Mich.
- Elaine Popovic: intercultural studies and biblical studies from Mishawaka, Ind.
- Kira Riddle: accounting and management of information systems major from Indianapolis, Ind.
- Rachel Schick: communication major from Oxford, Mich.
- Destiny Schrock: psychology major from Goshen, Ind.
- Anna Steely: management major from North Manchester, Ind.
- Rachel Stiles: life science education major from Patoka, Ind.
- Jacob Strudthoff: accounting major from Clyde, Ohio.
- Gabrielle Thayer: health science major from Hilliard, Ohio.
- Austin Treen: history major from Bainbridge, Ind.
- Sophia Weiss: visual communication design and Bible major from Grantville, Pa.
- Noah Wright: finance and accounting major from Monticello, Ill.
For more information on Alpha Chi Honor Society, visit alphachihonor.org. For more information about the Grace College Alpha Chi Chapter, contact faculty sponsor Dr. Lauren Rich at firstname.lastname@example.org.