Beginning fall 2006, Grace College, Winona Lake, Indiana, will offer to new students an unlimited number of 412 Commission Scholarships ranging from $4,000 to $12,000 ($1,000 to $3,000 per year) to all 412 Commission graduates with a least a 3.0 cumulative GPA or unmet financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
These scholarships are in addition to other Grace College merit-based scholarships and are renewable based on academic good standing at the end of each academic year.
To receive the 412 Commission Scholarship, graduates must apply for admission, be accepted and meet the requirements above (FAFSA required for need-based consideration).
The 412 Commission, a ministry of CE National, is an intensive one-year training program that focuses on Bible study, service to the local church, and some travel-related educational experiences.
The first two classes of the first year of 412 have just graduated and the students are now in their internship phase serving in the following:
· 2 are on Operation Barnabas Leadership
· 1 is a missionary in Costa Rica
· 2 are in GBNAM church planting
· 1 is at Urban Hope Training Center
· 1 is working with a new church plant in Ohio
· 1 is starting a college-age ministry
· 1 is working with abused children
· 1 is working with a day-care
· 1 is in Hawaii as a youth pastor
· 1 is running a recreation program
· 1 is developing a junior high ministry
· 1 is in Alaska working as a children’s intern
· 1 is assisting in a church plant before heading to Israel for worship training
· Several are working with children and youth in their local church ministry
This fall, in addition to the existing 412 sites in Akron, Ohio, and Sebring, Florida, there will be two new sites operating at Goshen, Indiana, and Lititz, Pennsylvania. For more information log onto www.cenational.org.