Do you have an idea for a new business? Or, do you already have a small business and wonder what to do next? Kauffman FastTrac is a flexible course with a solid framework to support aspiring and new entrepreneurs. The Grace College School of Business and the William P. Gordon Institute for Enterprise Development, a legacy FastTrac affiliate, is pleased to offer the 10-week course this spring.
Kauffman FastTrac will meet from 6 – 9 p.m. each Thursday night from March 22 to May 31 in the Manahan Orthopaedic Capital Center, 610 Wooster Rd., Winona Lake, Ind. It will be taught by three Grace College School of Business faculty who are certified Kauffman instructors. The cost for the 10-week program is just $75.
“We are very excited to offer this outstanding class to the community and hope that many will take advantage of the opportunity to become equipped to own and operate a business,” said Dr. Alan Grossnickle, director of the William P. Gordon Institute for Enterprise Development and associate professor of business at Grace College. “The Kauffman program has a terrific reputation and is sure to change the lives of some – if not all – participants.”
Kauffman FastTrac was created by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, the largest foundation in the world devoted to entrepreneurship. Mr. Kauffman was an entrepreneur and humanitarian who was committed to helping young people, especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds, get a quality education. FastTrac was birthed from his belief that building enterprise is one of the most effective ways to realize individual promise and spur the economy.
This immersive 10-week course is designed to provide information, tips, exercises, and tools to help aspiring entrepreneurs think through all aspects of their business idea and set them on the road to success. Throughout the class, students will:
• Discover how your business concept matches your personal vision.
• Align your business concept with a real market opportunity.
• Find your target market and discover your competitive advantage.
• Determine the unique features and benefits of your product or service.
• Learn how to set realistic financial goals for your business.
• Define your company’s brand and marketing.
• Learn how to manage business functions and develop an organizational culture.
• Determine the steps to profitability.
• Identify potential sources of funding for your business.
• Launch your business.
To register for FastTrac at Grace College from March 22 – May 31, or for more information, contact Dr. Alan Grossnickle at 574-372-5100, ext. 6091 or firstname.lastname@example.org.