Jack Brown, executive director of Grow New England, a Charis Fellowship church planting ministry in the North East, has sent his December newsletter. Here are a few items of note:
On Wednesday, November 27, 2019 our two campuses met together in Danvers to celebrate Thanksgiving. We had several people from the community join us for a time of food and mingling and sharing favorite Thanksgiving memories. There were many testimonies of thanksgiving for God’s provision, protection and guidance in 2019.
On December 1 we held our Annual Christmas Dinner with a small twist. It doubled as a time to commemorate the 19+ year ministry of Pastor Dana and Kate Moore at North Shore Bible Church. Dana and Kate will be concluding their ministry at NSBC Essex on December 31 of this year. Dana and Kate have served faithfully at NSBC. Dana has served as an elder and a pastor and these past five years as the lead pastor at our Essex campus. Kate has served right alongside him as a partner in this ministry.
It is a time of transition at Grow New England and North Shore Bible Church. We are taking this time to refresh the vision of our ministry so that we might effectively equip every man, woman, and child to be a meaningful part of the discipleship process.
How you can pray for GNE and NSBC…
- Pray that God will give our Vision Team wisdom as they work together to formulate a wholistic plan for the accomplishment of our mission.
- Pray for Brandon and Joelle Haun who will arrive from Indiana on December 28th to work with our church plant in Danvers.
- Pray for the Rolph family from our Essex campus who plans to transition to our Danvers’ church plant in 2020.
- Pray for Dana and Kate Moore that God will give them discernment for what is next in their ministry.
- Pray for Phil and Emily Shearer as Phil moves into the role of lead pastor at NSBC.