Jack Brown, executive director of Grow New England, a cooperating ministry in the Charis Fellowship that focuses on church planting in the northeastern U.S., has sent his February report. Here are some excerpts:
We’re four weeks into the New Year and we are excited about what God is doing. The third Sunday of January brought us ice and our attendance at both campuses was considerably low. Last week our Danvers Campus only had 27 people in attendance (a number of people were away) but what struck me was 1/3 of those people (9) were born outside the U.S. The countries represented were Scotland, Ghana, Kenya, Canada, and El Salvador.
On January 22, the Danvers campus held its first Life Explored gathering. We were still dealing with some of the ice from Sunday and fairly cold temperatures but we were very excited to have one guest. Please pray for our next gathering on February 19.
Prayer item for 2019
We hope to add two men to our team in New England:
- One who will lead our Danvers’ congregation
- And a long-term church planting intern.
- Both men must be committed first and foremost to the preaching and teaching of God’s Word, the doctrinal position of Charis Fellowship (FGBC), and must be biblically qualified to serve as an elder.
It is exciting to be a part of what God is doing in this region. I want to thank you for your partnership. I also want to ask you to prayerfully consider how you can be involved in the ministry of church planting in New England.
- We need prayer partners. Will you commit to pray with us for the advancement of the gospel in New England?
- We need financial partners. The opportunities are outpacing the giving. Will you consider giving financially to the advancement of the gospel in New England?
- We need laborers. Would you consider coming to serve in New England?
All monies received by Grow New England will be used to enlist, educate, and equip church planters to establish Charis Fellowship (Grace Brethren) Churches on Boston’s North Shore and throughout New England. Thank you for giving, praying and investing in church planting in New England. All checks should be made payable to Grow New England and sent to Grow New England, c/o North Shore Bible Church at 65 Eastern Avenue Essex MA 01929.