Grow New England, the Charis Fellowship church planting in the Northeast United States, has sent their June newsletter. Here are some excerpts.
Thank you for your continued partnership in the ministry in New England. We had a fabulous spring and are looking forward to an outstanding summer. Our Danvers church plant is very excited about the doors that are being opened.
Spring Outreaches Included
- “Make Your Own Easter baskets” with about 40 children from the community in attendance
- Easter Bag Give-Away on Maple Street with over 50 contacts made
- Mother’s Day Gifts given out on Maple Street
- M-I-X meetings on the fourth Tuesday of every month. Over the first five months we welcomed about 10 visitors.
- We have a group of 30+ women who meet once a month for a gathering called “Bakers and Tasters.” Many of these ladies are unchurched. Three of these women have become regular attenders (one with her husband).
Upcoming June Events
- Endicott Park Day and Father’s Day on the same day… combining outreaches
- We will have a table at Oldies Night
We are looking at a new meeting space for our Danvers’ church. It will double our current space. We are negotiating the price and there will be a fair amount of build-out. Obviously, this project will take money and laborers. If you would like to be involved either way, please give me a call or drop me an e-mail.
Thanks for praying and giving… the numbers aren’t overwhelming but we are seeing people saved and discipled at both our campuses. We also have a number of unsaved folks passing through our doors… we’ll see what God does with those.
Continue to Pray for:
- Two men to join our team in New England.
- One who will lead our Danvers’ congregation
- And a long-term church planting intern.
- Both men must be committed first and foremost to the preaching and teaching of God’s Word, the doctrinal position of Charis Fellowship (FGBC), and must be biblically qualified to serve as an elder.
It is exciting to be a part of what God is doing in this region. I want to thank you for your partnership. I also want to ask you to prayerfully consider how you can be involved in the ministry of church planting in New England.
- We need prayer partners. Will you commit to pray with us for the advancement of the gospel in New England?
- We need financial partners. The opportunities are outpacing the giving. Will you consider giving financially to the advancement of the gospel in New England?
- We need laborers. Would you consider coming to serve in New England?
Click here for more information about Grow New England.