Jack Brown, director of Grow New England, a Charis Fellowship church-planting ministry in the Northeast United States, has sent a recent update.
Matthew 9:35-38 we read, “Jesus was going through all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness. Seeing the people, He (Jesus) felt compassion for them, because they were distressed and dispirited like sheep without a shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Therefore, beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest.”
- Our harvest field is great in New England and our workers are very few…
- Less than 4% of the population of New England professes to be evangelical…
- However, we are very grateful to the Lord of the harvest for the workers He has provided…
- Ministry teams from various churches around the country
- Families who have relocated to assist in starting new Bible teaching churches
On Friday, November 1st I returned from an extended trip. I visited two churches, attended the Charis Fellowship East Coast Focus Retreat (close to 60 church leaders in attendance), had the privilege to meet with a number of different leaders, and I participated in Conference on Mission week at Grace College. It was a privilege to report about what is happening in New England. The need in New England is great. But the power of the gospel is greater. God is transforming the New England landscape, one church at a time. We want to be a part of what God is doing in New England.
It is a time of transition at Grow New England and North Shore Bible Church. We are taking this time to refresh the vision of our ministry so that we might effectively equip every man, woman, and child to be a meaningful part of the discipleship process.
How you can pray for GNE and NSBC…
- We’ve recently established a Vision Team that will begin meeting this month. Pray for that team that God will give them wisdom as they work together to formulate a wholistic plan for the accomplishment of our mission.
- Pray for a young couple who are planning to move to MA to work with our church plant in Danvers. They are hoping to arrive in the early part of 2020. Once they have all the details in place, I will give you more specifics.
- Also, pray for a family from our Essex campus who plans to transition to our Danvers’ church plant in 2020.
- Pray for and Praise God for Dana and Kate Moore. They have faithfully served God at NSBC. As they retire from their
ministry at NSBC ask God to give them discernment for what is next in their ministry.
- Pray for and Praise God for Phil and Emily Shearer who joined the ministry at NSBC 4+ years ago. Pray for them as Phil moves into the role of lead pastor at NSBC.
It is exciting to be a part of what God is doing in this region. I want to thank you for your partnership. I also want to ask you to prayerfully consider how you can be involved in the ministry of church planting in New England.