Barb Wooler, director of crisis response for Encompass World Partners, has posted the following at encompasscrisisresponse.org.
As Hurricane Harvey’s flood waters continue to rise, we are watching and praying to know how to help. We pray for the people of Texas, many of whom are experiencing the loss of all their earthly possessions, and we are watching to determine how best to help. (“Ready…Shoot! Aim” is a poor strategy.)
Here are some answers to the many messages we have received in the past 24-48 hours:
YES. We do have strong partners on the ground with whom we can serve.
YES. We are open to organizing teams to serve on the ground in the areas most impacted.
YES. It is too soon to know exactly what form our help will take. But whatever form, it will most certainly end up coming alongside local churches/believers on the ground to strengthen their serve.
What can you do now?
2) Go. Consider whether God would have you join an Encompass team to travel to the damage site to help. More about this to come.
3) Give. Although we do not yet know specifics, you can trust us to use and/or channel your funds to help the people of Texas recover from this disaster.
Be among the first to give to help:
- Made out to: Encompass World Partners
- Mail to: Encompass World Partners, PO Box 3298 Monument, CO 80132-3290
- Write on note line: Storm Harvey/7847
- Give by credit card at: encompassworldpartners.org/projects
- At the “Select a Project” tab choose, “Crisis: Flood Relief”
IF you or your church is interested partnering with us to send a team (or sending a team member) to help, please contact Barb Wooler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE also let us know if you are planning to send a team on your own.