MasterWorks Festival and Christian Performing Artist Fellowship, headed by Grace College music faculty member Dr. Patrick Kavanaugh, have set Monday, March 14 as a day of prayer for the spiritual impact of the MasterWorks Festivals and invite interested believers to join them in prayer that day.
Praying every five minutes on the hour from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., MasterWorks officials are asking prayer for the following:
1. That God will bring the right students and interns to the festivals in Winona Lake, IN and Europe this summer.
2. Bible Study Leadership Programs being held in major schools of music around the U.S. and in some other countries. Pianist Jennifer Jackson is designing the curriculum—samples are available on the CPAF website.
3. Financial resources – Many students need scholarships to attend the summer program, and there are significant costs in attracting world-class faculty.
4. Prospective students – Some of the finest young Christian musicians in the world are planning to attend MasterWorks either in Winona Lake or in Europe this summer, but many need to raise a significant amount of money for tuition and travel.
5. Faculty – For many of these world-class musicians, it is a significant hardship to take time away from their regular work and pay to come to MasterWorks. Pray for their families and that God will prepare them spiritually and emotionally for the Festival.
6. Staff – Pray for the interns and staff who work year-round to make MasterWorks happen. Several are remaining for another year, but several others have had auditions and are awaiting news as to whether God is moving them on to other studies or performance venues.
7. Blessings for Grace College and the Winona Lake community – pray that MasterWorks will continue to be a blessing to the college and the community. Pray that Christ will be clearly presented and evident in all performances, activities and relationships.
A prayer/worship event for those in the Winona Lake area will be held in the CPAF offices (west end of the Gordon Recreation Center) from 12:30-1:30 p.m. on Monday, and all are invited to participate.
The MasterWorks Festival will be held in Winona Lake, IN, the dates of June 19-July 17 this summer. There are free performances and master classes virtually every day, with major orchestral performances each weekend. For more information click here, and to see more specific prayer requests, click here.