Jack Brown, director of Grow New England, the Charis Fellowship church planting effort in the Northeast, has sent an update. It appears below.
“But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep (those who have died in Christ), so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope.”
On June 25, 2018, God called His child, our son, home to be with Him.” Matthew was diagnosed with heart disease in April of 2013. He has suffered much during these past years. His suffering has ended. Christine and I have never hurt so deeply but yet at the same time praise God, Matt is home with his Savior.
Pray for a number of Matt’s friends as they attended his memorial service and heard the gospel clearly presented by my brother, Jim Brown.
Thank you for your continued partnership in the ministry in New England. We had a fabulous spring and are looking forward to an outstanding summer. The outreach opportunities for both our Essex and Danvers churches have been exciting.
Summer Outreaches so far…
- Endicott Park Day and Father’s Day Outreach in Danvers
- Gloucester 4th of July Parade
- Memorial Day and July 4th Cookouts
- Mission Team from Ashland, Ohio will be joining us from August 1-7
- Gloucester Sidewalk Bazaar, August 2-3
- Soccer Clinic and Essex Family Fun Fest, August 4
New Space for Danvers
We are hoping to occupy our new space on September 1, 2018. We will be doubling our current meeting area. But before
we move in there is work to be done. We are estimating the cost of construction and additional rent for year one to be approximately $25,000. If you have a team that could sometime this summer and help us with some of the work that needs to be done I would love to hear from you. Also, we are gladly accepting donations for this project. Give me a call I would love to answer any of your questions.
Thanks for praying and giving… the numbers aren’t overwhelming but we are seeing people saved and discipled at both our campuses. We also have a number of unsaved folks passing through our doors… the ministry is exciting!!
Continue to Pray for:
- Two men to join our team in New England.
- One who will lead our Danvers’ congregation
- And a long-term church planting intern.
- Both men must be committed first and foremost to the preaching and teaching of God’s Word, the doctrinal position of Charis Fellowship (FGBC), and must be biblically qualified to serve as an elder.
I want to thank you for your partnership. I also want to ask you to prayerfully consider how you can be involved in the ministry of church planting in New England.
- We need prayer partners. Will you commit to pray with us for the advancement of the gospel in New England?
- We need financial partners. The opportunities are outpacing the giving. Will you consider giving financially to the advancement of the gospel in New England?
- We need laborers. Would you consider coming to serve in New England?