Dr. Tim Boal, pastor of the Penn Valley Grace Brethren Church in Telford, Pennsylvania, and the incoming moderator of the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches, gave the annual Moderator’s Address at the 3 p.m. Saturday session of Celebrate06.
Prefacing his remarks that his assignment is to analyze the Fellowship’s strengths and current situation, Boal found the following reasons the FGBC is currently enjoying unity:
1. Better communications in the Fellowship.
2. Growing partnerships in the Fellowship.
3. Continuing commitment to the truth.
4. Multiple training tracks for leaders.
5. The emergence of young, progressive leaders across the FGBC.
6. The desire of our leaders to consider others better than themselves.
In suggesting ways to prevent the enemy from attacking this unity, he recommended:
1. Additional office and support for the national coordinator’s office.
2. Investing ourselves diligently in the emergent generation.
3. Be on guard against the tyranny of the pragmatic (“what works”).
4. Let’s applaud and promote every training system available to our emerging leaders.
Audio recordings of Boal’s address (and all other sessions) will be available through www.fgbc.org and a transcript will be published in the forthcoming FGBC Handbook.