Movement Church, a new Grace Brethren congregation in Hilliard, Ohio (Columbus area), has sent their latest prayer letter. Some of it is reproduced below. To read the complete letter, including the names of the launch team, click here.
Particularly note two opportunities at the end of this post for people in Central Ohio to help with outreach opportunities for this new church!
So many exciting things have happened since our last prayer update. Thank you for continuing to lift up Movement Church, our launch team, and the city of Hilliard. Your prayers are making a difference as we seek to be “A movement of people finding their way back to God”.
1) We have had four Sunday morning launch team meetings. It has been extremely encouraging to our team to finally be together and talk through our vision, values, and DNA. Each week we have seen an increase in number. Please continue to pray for these gatherings and pray that we will be able to add committed members to our core leading up to launch. The things we do now will form habits and a culture so pray for health and growth.
2) We have started meeting in our Movement (small) groups. Right now we have two groups. We are purposely starting the groups full and brimming with leadership so that before January our team can experience what it means to multiply into 4 groups. These groups have also started ministry in the community.
Please pray for our leaders and apprentice leaders of these groups as we seek to be learners, family, servants, and missionaries in these groups.
3) ANSWER TO PRAYER! We have found a meeting location for our services in Hilliard that will start in 2013. We will be meeting at Harmony Artistic Center on Cemetery Rd right off of 270 just behind Wendy’s and Tim Horton’s. You can check out their website and some pictures/info here. http://www.harmonyartistic.com/the-center.html
4) ANSWER TO PRAYER! We have filled all of our ministry coach positions including someone to lead Movement Kids. Please pray for these coaches as they work with budgets and recruit and lead their individual teams.
Worship – Josh Howard
Kids – Mindy McManaway
Groups – Sarah Knepper
Finances – Jack Mackeverican
Operations – Phil Hill
Outreach – Ashton Rank
5) ANSWER TO PRAYER! We have one launch team family who has moved to Hilliard because their previous home sold. This will officially close on Sunday so pray for that process. We also have another family who is still looking to sell their home. Pray that God will find a buyer and give them strength for the exhausting process.
6) TRUNK OR TREAT
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS AND OUR PARTNER CHURCHES TO HELP US WITH AN EVENT. We have been given permission to do a Trunk of Treat event for Hilliard’s trick or treat. The night is Wednesday October 31st from 6-8pm. We will have a block of parking spots at the community center parking lot (3800 Veterans Memorial Drive. Hilliard, Ohio 43026) and we will advertise this event. We just want you to have enthusiastic people in costume who are willing to buy a few bags of candy and pass them out of the back of their car. You can even decorate your car if you would like to. The event will run from 6-8, but we would like you to arrive at 5:30 so we can brief you, get you set up, and pray together. If you or your family would like to provide a car or two and candy you can sign up herehttp://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0C44ABAA28A75-trunk
7) If your group is interested, we would also like to target certain neighborhoods with flyers. Interested churches and/or individuals should email email@example.com