The Northeast Ohio District Conference of Grace Brethren Churches gathered at the Grace Brethren Church, Wooster, Ohio, last night (April 3) to hear reports and honor individuals who have been active in district events.
District Moderator Ron Boehm received the report that 498 individuals had received Christ as Savior last year in district churches, which includes 17 congregations from as far west as Ashland, Ohio to as far east as Milton and Missassauga, Ontario, Canada. (See a complete listing, with founding dates, here.)
Nine individuals were recognized for their work in the district. They included:
- Chuck and Missy Steiner for work with the Junior Quizzing program (nominated by Mark Vandegrift and Donna Yost),
- Donna Stair for work with NEO Women of Grace (nominated by NEO Women of Grace),
- Virginia Meisner for work with NEO Junior Camping (nominated by NEO Children’s Board),
- Dan Hazlett for work with district Grace Brethren Boys leadership (nominated by Donna Yost),
- Bob Combs for work with NEO District churches in distress and hurting pastors (nominated by Bud Olszewski, chairman of the NEO ministerium),
- Kerry and Laura Pixton for work with Southern Hills church plant/redevelopment project (nominated by Tom Eames, pastor of Southern Hills),
- Doug and Linda Gray from Western Reserve for volunteer work at Village Grace Mission Center (nominated by Rich Bartley, director of VGMC),
- Jim and Sheryl Norrisfor work with Ashland Eastgate (nominated by Nathan Wells, church planter), and
- Andy and Kim Shank for work with Mansfield church plant (nominated by Nathan Wells, church planter).
For more information and to view photos of the event, see the NEO District Conference web site.