Great news from Grow New England, the Grace Brethren church planting organization in the Northeast! Below are some excerpts and prayer requests from their recent newsletter and executive director Jack Brown. Click here for more information on this organization.
On October 11, 2015, we launched a new work in Danvers, Mass. Grow New England has been able to assist this fledgling church because of gifts from individuals and organizations. We have provided for the monthly cost of their facility, along with outfitting the building with chairs, tables, etc. We will continue to cover the building cost through the end of 2016. In 2017 they will begin to pay their own rent and other expenses, including a very part-time pastoral salary. We are praising God for His provision and asking His continued provision. Lord willing, this congregation will join the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches at conference in either 2017 or 2018.
The financial support of individuals and organizations has also allowed me to represent Grow New England at many different conferences, including this year’s Margins Conference and Momentum. At Momentum I met a young couple who have been considering a move to Portland, Maine, where they would like to open a cafe for the sake of doing ministry and ultimately planting a church. We are praying about how God might allow us to be involved in this ministry. This couple will be with us this weekend (Labor Day) and we will be spending Tuesday in Portland, Maine, doing some leg work… please keep this opportunity in prayer.”
Please pray for…
- Wisdom concerning the Portland, Maine, opportunity.
- The Danvers church as we start a children’s church program on September 11.
- The new children’s ministry starting at our Essex church on September 15.
- A ministry team from Grace Church in Ashland Ohio who will be joining us October 7-10.
- On October 9, North Shore Bible Church-Danvers will mark its’ first full year of ministry.
- During this past month we have seen three individuals give their lives to Christ at our Essex Church and two other folks recommit themselves to following Jesus.
- For recent growth at our Danvers church.