Chris Ball, pastor of Dimond Grace Fellowship, a Charis Fellowship congregation in Anchorage, Alaska, has been hospitalized over the last month as doctors try to determine the cause of apparent organ failure. According to a video released by the church, Chris was admitted to an Anchorage hospital on October 4, 2020, when lab work done during an emergency room visit showed little to no function in his gall bladder, pancreas, liver, and kidney.
Chris was hospitalized and separated from his family for 22 days. Visitors were only allowed of he transitioned to end of life care, or was within 24 hours of death. During this hospitalization, his health deteriorated and doctors stated that if he were ever discharged, he’d be treated by hospice and graduate to heaven shortly thereafter.
However, God had a different plan and Chris was released from the hospital with outpatient dialysis and home health care on October 26.
Although there is still no definitive diagnosis about the cause of the organ failure, he made the transition back home which has been mostly positive. Chris continues to struggle with sleep and appetite. Dialysis three days per week is exhausting and getting in and out of their vehicles presents challenges.
The steep stairs to their apartment are proving to problematic for Chris, especially after dialysis. The stairs also present a challenge to his wife, Marsha, who is recovering from spinal surgery that occurred on day two of Chris’ October hospitalization.
Unfortunately, Chris has suffered some health setbacks and has been re-hospitalized as of November 5. There is still no clarity on the root cause of his condition.
Please pray that Chris will regain enough strength to undergo the necessary tests and procedures to develop a comprehensive treatment plan.
Please be in prayer for the Ball family through the month of November. Here are a few ways Chris and Marsha need prayer:
- Pray for comfort and that God’s will is evident during this time.
- Pray for the wisdom of medical professionals treating Chris.
- Pray for visitor policies at Anchorage hospitals to be relaxed and allow families to connect and make difficult medical decisions face to face.
- Pray for wisdom about finding a different vehicle that both Chris and Marsh can get into easily, and safety features that will allow Marsha to resume driving.
- Pray for wisdom about relocating to a home with no stairs that aligns with their finances and current season of life.
Notes of encouragement may be sent to Chris and Marsha at Box 240513, Anchorage, AK 99524. Financial gifts may be sent to the same post office box, or done online via dimondgrace.org/giving.
Click here to view the complete video.