CE National, sponsor of Urban Hope Ministries in Philadelphia, Pa., has noted that the weather in their neighborhood has created difficulties. They’ve included a few prayer requests.
The cold has hit the Urban Hope neighborhood just as it has hit much of the country.
Please pray for:
- single moms as they figure out childcare when their kids have snow days.
- traveling safety for all.
- the elderly who depend on public transportation and are more prone to slip and fall in freezing whether.
- those struggling with bills who may be tempted to heat their homes in unconventional ways in order to save money or because they are without utilities.
- fire fighters’ safety as they seek to protect row home communities. Fires spread more rapidly in these homes because they share walls with one another.
- the Urban Hope Community Church family to be creative in loving on neighbors. Everyone is inside during these months providing less interaction with neighbors.
- Christ-centered joy that isn’t easily swayed by unfavorable weather or less sunlight.