These are the things I hope to pass on to you.
1. The central part of your life and ministry is your relationship w/ Jesus Christ. Never stop pursuing and growing in your relationship with Jesus. Life is going to throw you many challenges and ministry is incredibly difficult. He is the only one who can sustain you and He is the only one who understands, forgives and you serve fully.
2. The Mission of God must be what you live for and center your life around. God has privileged you to be part of HIs team and His primary objective in this world is to see the lost be found. Do not let the business of ministry and the found keep you from the priority of the lost.. Sacrifice and suffer so that you can reach them.
3. Keep the Scripture as your authority for your ministry and your life. Spend time in the word. Teach and preach the scripture. Get your disciples to spend time in the Word.
4. Be culturally progressive. Make effectiveness the goal and don’t let tradition or the way it used to be keep you from moving forward. Be relevant to the place God has you not to the past or other places.
5. Discover, affirm and work in your gifting. Focus your ministry, time and effort in your strengths not your weaknesses.
6. Don’t forget that the church is a team. God hasn’t called you as an individual to reach the lost or make disciples. God is using the church to accomplish His work. Everyone has unique gifts and a place on the team. Your effectiveness will multiply in team. Do it together not alone.
7. Develop leaders. Don’t stop investing in others. Remember the Holy Spirit uses His Word, circumstances, service and HIs people to change peoples lives – include these factors as you work to make disciples.
8. Be intentional. Disciples are not made by accident and nether is any major thing accomplished that way. Work hard, plan, prepare and most of all invest your life in others.
9. Dream big and pray big. God puts dreams in your heart, fan those dreams.
10. Remember the principles I have taught you. Remember also that God’s Word and principles never change but the culture and methods are always changing. Don’t be afraid to try new things and constantly asking if this is effective.
11. Find your joy in knowing and serving the King, not in the results you wish for.
I know God has amazing things planned for you in your life. Don’t hold anything back from His call in your life. It has been a joy to know you and invest in you.
Your fellow worker in the Lord,