My dear sons,
So while I still have the opportunity, I want to take a few minutes to summarize in writing the values and life lessons I have attempted to live out before you and most want to pass on to you:
- To have a deep and abiding relationship with God through Jesus Christ!
- To surrender your life to God and His authority over your life!
- To submit your life to God’s will and God’s Word!
- To love God with all your heart, soul, mind, strength!
- To love people as you love yourself – showing them the same love, grace, forgiveness, patience that God has shown you!
- To stand firm on the truths of God’s Word without compromise and stand up proclaiming His truth to those around you and the world – do not fear man and their resistance to the truth. Fear God!
- Remember to always find your joy, contentment, fulfillment, significance in Christ and what He has made you [your identity in Christ] and not in the things of this world!
- Love your wife as Christ has loved you and lead her with grace, understanding, gentleness, passion.
- Love your children and make time them daily – lead them, building into their young lives faith, integrity, purity, honesty, and family!
- Love the lost – pointing them to Christ through your godly character and through teaching and preaching the Truth!
- Be faithful to God, wife, family, and the church to the end!