By Kary Oberbrunner
The DRIVEN committee recently met at Kenyon College in Ohio to put the finishing touches on this summer’s first-ever young adult conference. Online and mail-in registrations are coming in at a steady pace. A buzz of excitement is filling the Fellowship. Here are the top 12 reasons why you should come:
12. How many times do you get to have communion in a beautiful stained-glass Civil War-Era chapel?
11. “Breakfast Clubs” are more than a movie from the 80s.
10. The dining hall is nationally known for its food options that cater to the organically inclined.
9. DRIVEN is created FOR young adults BY young adults.
8. Enjoy time relaxing at concerts and coffee shops or blow off some steam with our sport and activity options.
7. Because worship is much more than singing; can we get some other senses involved?
6. Network with other emerging leaders and hear what is on their hearts.
5. Choose from a variety of practical workshops that equip you for where you are in life.
4. Stay on a beautiful campus that would cost you $39,500 a year if you were a student.
3. Engage in transforming main sessions with relevant speakers discussing relevant subjects.
2. Attend a conference that cares what you have to say and provides a venue called the “roundtable” where you can share.
1. Be a part of a generation gathering to become catalysts for Christ within Church and culture.
We would love to see you June 15-18. Be part of this historic initiative. Register today at www.driven05.org
Kary Oberbrunner, pastor of student ministries at the Powell, OH, Grace Brethren Church, is one of a group of young pastors who is organizing and conducting the DRIVEN conference for Twenty-Somethings this June.