The Grace Brethren Church in Winchester, Va. (Kevin Mincey, pastor), has received CE National’s Church of the Year award based on seeing these very positive signs taking place in just the last couple of years of ministry.
- Increased growth from averaging 15 to averaging 140 people on Sundays.
- Strong new ministries to children and youth and active ways to get people involved.
- Over 70 new conversions to faith. All have been baptized and are following Christ.
- Starting a Christian school (Grace Academy).
- Strong ministries to future leaders and new ministries for both men and women. They even have a program called “Kingsmen” for boys and men as a “right of passage” program.
- Strong community feel and ties to the city.
- Loving relationships are throughout the church. They have an inner-city pastor (from Washington D.C.) who leads a church in the middle of Dixieland and he is loved and accepted. The church is very diverse in cultures and it is working well.
Congratulations on the new start and the potential for the future of a church in a rural setting that is “turning the corner” of ministry as people live ON MISSION for Jesus.
Ed Lewis, executive director of CE National, sees much potential in the church as they are reaching many new people and turning a church around for Jesus. Ed was at the church on July 2nd to present the award from CE National. The church had a cake reception after the service to celebrate the event. — cenational.org